Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Chicklet Slicer not honoring Data setting from Bookmark

Hello all: I am using a Chicklet Slicer 1.6.2 on several pages (synchronized). I have a Bookmark that will be the "Clear All Slicers" and be activated by a button. Basically, I want the user to be able to clear any and all slicers on all pages by clicking one button. It's not hard to set up:
1) Manually clear all slicers on all pages
2) Create a Bookmark, and set the Data = True; All visuals = True, and all others NOT selected.
3) Create a Button with an action that activates the Bookmark.

But here's the issue: The Chicklet Slicer does NOT honor the Data option of the Bookmark. In other words, if I select one of the Chicklet Slicer items, then click the "Clear All" button to go to the "ClearAllSlicers" Bookmark, the Chicklet Slicer remains selected. It is not cleared. It DOES NOT BEHAVE LIKE OTHER BOOKMARKS.

This is frustrating becuase this one is authored by Microsoft and published on App Source and is listed as "Certified by Power BI". WTF does THAT mean? Is it supposed to meet certain standards? IMHO, it does NOT.

Also, and I have mentioned this in several places, there really needs to be a way for users to contact the custom visual authors to report stuff that doesn't work or is broken. The "Report this add-in" link doesn't work. 

Who at Microsoft do I talk to about getting this custom visual fixed?

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

4 REPLIES 4
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ToddChitt, 

I am not clear about your problem"The Chicklet Slicer does NOT honor the Data option of the Bookmark. In other words, if I select one of the Chicklet Slicer items, then click the "Clear All" button to go to the "ClearAllSlicers" Bookmark, the Chicklet Slicer remains selected. It is not cleared. It DOES NOT BEHAVE LIKE OTHER BOOKMARKS."  I test this in my environment, it work. You could refer to my sample. If this is not what you want, please  correct me and explain this to me in details(by image and words).

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is getting wierd. I downloaded your sample (thank you) and it works. Hmmm. So I open my model again, re-add the Chiclet slicer (it had been totally removed) and tried it out. It does NOT work. Not only that, but my Button/Bookmark doesn't clear ANY slicer. I had to add a second Bookmark with the same properties and point the button to that one. The new Bookmark DOES work now with all slicers, even the Chiclet. But the first Bookmark does NOT. 

Like I said, VERY wierd.

FYI, I'm using the November 2019 update (MSI version)

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ToddChitt,

I test this in Nov desktop, which work well. I think you need to check  like below

508.PNG

Then when you choose something in slicer, then press ctrl key and click "clear all button", it should work. Or you could share me your test file, I will test this in my environment.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@daxI'm going to withdraw my claim that the problem is with the Chiclet Slicer and instead blame the Bookmark. Why? I created a SECOND bookmark, initiated at a time when ALL slicers were cleared, set its properties accordingly (same as the first) and re-pointed the action of the button to this second bookmark. NOW the button will clear the Chiclet Slicer (by activating the second bookmark). 

I can't prove it, but I suspect there is something about the sequencing of creating and updating Bookmarks that is causing this. 

Yes, I tried clearing all the slicers manually then activate the "Update" option on the bookmark. It didn't fix the issue the first time, but DID fix it the SECOND time I did it. 

Like I said, strange and frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors