Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Misha
Helper II
Helper II

Check the data types in the data model and data source and ensure that the data types are compatible

Hi,

I'm struggling with the renewing of a published report. I do not succeed to renew and receive an internal service message. I' ve escalated the problem to PBI and received the in the title mentioned answer.

Now I have to say, I know how to check the data type in the data model but I do not how to do this in the data source neither how I can manage to compare the types...

It would be great if anyone could help me.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards

5 REPLIES 5
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Misha ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

The problem has been solved by coöparation between an external expert ande the PBI-department. Problem should have been a corrupted gateway and that caused by multi missed gateway-update

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Misha ,

In my opinion, you can download the published pbix, open it, then reopen a power bi desktop client, connect to the data source, and cross-reference the data types in the two desktop clients.

Best Regards

Lucien

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Misha It is not clear what type of data connection you are using. But looking at your issue, it more likely to be an issue with data conversion issue. These error snormally occurs with date or numberic values which are many times automatically converted by powerbi engine during data load in power query window. And after a while if there is any value which is not compatiable with the data type of the converted field then error may occur. I would suggest you to enable column quality in the power query window, to check the quality of the data in each column and then check which column has issue.

negi007_0-1623504463049.png

let me know if above suggestion can help you to resolve your issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Thanks for your reply negi007,

1. The view "quality controll" and others is new to be but really interesting, thanks for this additional insight!

2. On topic: All columns in all queries return 100% valid input without any 'error' 🙁

Kind regardsPBI.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.