Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check if Row in Table Exists in Another Inactive Related Table

I have a table called 'Filtered Items' which is a duplicate of a table called 'Items'.

I've created a slicer containing 'Filtered Items'[Name] and a table card containing 'Items'[Name].

The behavior I am trying to create is to remove any items in the table containing 'Items'[Name] where 'Items'[Name] can be found in the selected values of the slicer containing 'Filtered Items'[Name].

Here is what I've tried so far but is not working:

COUNTROWS(
CALCULATETABLE(
ALLSELECTED('Filtered Items'),
USERELATIONSHIP(Items[ILC], 'Filtered Items'[ILC])
)
) > 0
I was hoping that in the table visualization each row of Items[Name] will filter 'Filtered Items'[Name] and return 0 rows when Items[Name] cannot be found in the selected slicer values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are aiming for but let's try this:

1. Place a matrix visual in your report with 'Items'[Name] in rows

2. Create a measure to determine what items will be shown:

ShowMeasure =
IF (
    NOT ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Items'[Name] ) IN VALUES ( 'Filtered Items'[Name] ) ),
)

3. Place the measure in the visual level filters of the matrix visual and select to 'Show items when the value:'--> is 1

By doing that, you will filter out the names that are not selected in the slicer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are aiming for but let's try this:

1. Place a matrix visual in your report with 'Items'[Name] in rows

2. Create a measure to determine what items will be shown:

ShowMeasure =
IF (
    NOT ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Items'[Name] ) IN VALUES ( 'Filtered Items'[Name] ) ),
)

3. Place the measure in the visual level filters of the matrix visual and select to 'Show items when the value:'--> is 1

By doing that, you will filter out the names that are not selected in the slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.