cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Check Option

When I right-click on a Field in the Fields list, I notice there is a "Check" option.  Anyone have any idea what this does or is for?  Have searched, but can't find any reference to it anywhere.  Thanks.

check.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjd,

Please refer to the gif as below.

GIFEncoder (4).gif

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjd,

I did not find any documnet about the option. However, based on my test, we can create a new visual based on the column type by click the check option.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry Frank, I don't understand what you did in your "test".  Could you post the results here?

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjd,

Please refer to the gif as below.

GIFEncoder (4).gif

Regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks, Frank.  So basically it's the same as dragging the field onto a blank canvas and it opens in the most appropriate visual - column chart for numbers, table for categorical data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors