Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Check Option

When I right-click on a Field in the Fields list, I notice there is a "Check" option.  Anyone have any idea what this does or is for?  Have searched, but can't find any reference to it anywhere.  Thanks.

check.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @tjd,

Please refer to the gif as below.

GIFEncoder (4).gif

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjd,

I did not find any documnet about the option. However, based on my test, we can create a new visual based on the column type by click the check option.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry Frank, I don't understand what you did in your "test".  Could you post the results here?

Hi @tjd,

Please refer to the gif as below.

GIFEncoder (4).gif

Regards,

Frank

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks, Frank.  So basically it's the same as dragging the field onto a blank canvas and it opens in the most appropriate visual - column chart for numbers, table for categorical data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.