Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vdburg
Resolver I
Resolver I

Charts with too many values ignore the most important fields

Hi,

A Power Bi chart when it has too many values it just ignores some label fields and shows the rest giving a very different perspective of the data that could lead to very misleading conclusions.

This is the same chart with the only difference that in the upper chart it has a field in the X axis and in the second one it hasn´t any field.

TooManuValues.JPG

So, I can understand that when a chart has too many labels it should ignore some of them, but not the ones with most values!!

I am almost sure that this has already been reported but I couldn´t find any related threat

5 REPLIES 5
CR
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @vdburg

There is one important option called Overflow text. It displays all labels even if there was no enough place for that.

Maybe it will solve your problem...

1.png

Regards,

CR

Hi @CR,

No, unfortunately that doesn´t fix the problem

Well, in that case I invite you to use another visual, or to display the data through a table. I always have this case with my dashboard. Everybody wants a bar chart (beautiful and nice) but I switch to a simple table when it is not suitable, especially when percentages are very different and numerous.

Regards,

CR

Hi @CR,

Sure, I can use other workarounds as well. But if I am not doing nothing wrong I consider this a big bug because end users don´t usually look at the information icon and can get to very wrong conclusions just because the power BI team didn´t think of not showing the less important values instead of the most important when too many values. 

@vdburg,

You may try adding a slicer or visual level filters.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.