Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clueless
Regular Visitor

Charts with multiple tables

Dear All

I have 2 tables which I want to create a stacked bar for comparision.

TABLE#1

Amount - Quarter

1K - Q1

2K - Q1

3K - Q2

TABLE#2

Amount - Quarter

1K - Q1

2K - Q1

2K - Q2

3K - Q3

4K - Q4

What I want bisically is a smple bar char like the one below but unfortuanlly I encountered several issues

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BiB0r-8XG1bg4OhQmu8epJNy_92T47lv/view?usp=sharing

first issue, I couldn't create a chart bar I read online that I have to create a relationship between the tables so I did by inserting a new column as row ID in both tables.. I did that in the datasets itels (excel file) if there is better way please help me.

Then I was able to create a chart, but ONLY the first table has the correct sums in the Qs, the second one is WRONG.

If I select the table1 first then its sums are correct and table2 wrong, and if I select table2 first then its sums are correct and table2 is wrong

it's driving me crazy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Clueless,

First of all believe that your information is pretty short and this is not the full data and needs for you, but based on the information follow this steps:

• Create a table Quarters
    • Q1
    • Q2
    • Q3
    • Q4
  • Make a relationship between this table and the other two based on the quartes column
  • Add the Quarters table column as axis and the values of tabel 1 and table 2 as values on a column chart

quartes.png

See attach PBIX file.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Clueless,

First of all believe that your information is pretty short and this is not the full data and needs for you, but based on the information follow this steps:

• Create a table Quarters
    • Q1
    • Q2
    • Q3
    • Q4
  • Make a relationship between this table and the other two based on the quartes column
  • Add the Quarters table column as axis and the values of tabel 1 and table 2 as values on a column chart

quartes.png

See attach PBIX file.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thanks it worked!

Indeed the dataset is much bigger bur for this chart I only needed 2 columns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.