cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Charts showing incorrect information

Hello!.. I'm merging 2 query's invoice table andand payments table, my first problem is that when I do the left merge ( putting the payment into the invoices table) it's not putting the values where on the correct match so let say I have 5 invoices but only 1 of those should have a payment the merging is putting some other payments in the incorrect invoice.
Then I tried the merge the other way around, in the payments table using right merge with the invoices table and it actually puts in in the correct invoice..wow it matches! One I'll think!!! . I go to my visuals I do my 2 tables, one table contains the account number and it should tell me I have 1 invoice for that acc, and it does! But then if I drill to see those invoices, expecting it gives me the payment in the correct invoice number (like I have it on my original table) well it doesn't!!! It gives me the payment in another invoice :@. I have the connections made between INVOICE numbers in the two tables...
You think you can give a hand? I've tried everything!!! And nothing works 😞
Thanks!!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

Re: Charts showing incorrect information

I did not get your problem completely. But you solve it by having a common set of dimensions. Below is an example I tried to have date diff at order level from two different tables having common order no.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y47ah38sr157l7t/Order_delivery_date_diff.pbix?dl=0

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors