Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cshowe80
Helper I
Helper I

Charts With Month in Order

Greetings,

I'm doing a Sales Report and I'm unable to get my bar chart to sort the Months in order. My Slicer is a list of "Sites" and when I select a site I want to see the values for each month over the course of the past 3 years. 

In my data I've got a column for:

1. Year

2. Month (Text: January, February, March, etc)

3. Month Number (January is 1, February is 2, etc)

Everything looks exactly how I want it to with the exception of these months not showing up in chronologic order. How can I solve this? Do I need to make a new measure?

ChartChart

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

sounds like you just need to edit the month column and set the sort by column property to Month Number

then on the graph, select the ellipsis in the top right and set it to sort by Month. you may need to select this twice as I think the first time it sets it to descending order.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

sounds like you just need to edit the month column and set the sort by column property to Month Number

then on the graph, select the ellipsis in the top right and set it to sort by Month. you may need to select this twice as I think the first time it sets it to descending order.

Worked Perfectly!!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.