Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexeisenhart
Resolver I
Resolver I

Charting timeline of events grouped by parent

Hello,

I'm trying to make a chart that is something like a parented Gantt chart, but I can't seem to get the parenting features of the Gantts from the marketplace to do what I'm after.

Without giving away the domain, consider an example of recieving a load from a truck at a gas station. I have the time of the truck's arrival and departure, and for each pallet, the time that it's picked up with a jack in the truck and dropped off in the store. The employees use multiple jacks so the pallet loading/unloading windows will overlap.

I'd like to chart each pallet's pickup and drop off time within the window of the truck's presense at the store.

Something like the image below would be ideal. I've tried all of the charts in the marketplace that looked remotely relevant and I've looked through a few posts on here (McCow's solution is interesting but I don't think it will work here since the timespans overlap http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/timelines/m-p/324709#M144769) but nothing looks applicable.

Any advice? I'm open to alternative ideas. Thank you!

chart.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@alexeisenhart,

You may try the following visual.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381377?src=office&tab=Overview

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@alexeisenhart,

You may try the following visual.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381377?src=office&tab=Overview

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Sam!

I looked at this visual a few day ago but it wasn't working the way I wanted it to. I don't know if it was a dataset issue or if I just needed fresh eyes, but it's working very well now.

For future readers, make sure to turn off Stacked in the Behavior group to cause it to collapse related into records into one row.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors