Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aseagull
Helper III
Helper III

Charticulator Guides - bind to window size?

Hi. I'm new to Charticulator and it looks like a terrific way to build simple bullet charts like the next screenshot:

aseagull_0-1643304480338.png

So I have that working, and it's pretty close to what I need. Only it needs to be much smaller on my canvas. I want to slim it down, and the resizing (1) causes the axis to drop and (2) maintains the horizontal guides even when the window shrinks, as you see here:

aseagull_1-1643304583757.png

I'm guessing the problem with (2) is that my guide positions are set as offset from Middle. It seems like they'd need to "flex" when the object is resized, but I don't see how to do that within Charticulator, since the window size is not a field I can bind to...or is it?

Hopefully the solution to (1) will be apparent if I can solve this resizing issue.

Thanks for any tips.

Amon

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aseagull ,

In Charticulator, there is no concept of "axis" and "legend" combinations or drilling down to categories and subcategories. I have done some tests and I can't reproduce your problem for now. Can you provide me with the test file for further testing?

Also, you can refer to the teaching manual if it helps you.

Video Tutorials | Charticulator

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi Henry. Thanks for your response. Maybe I'm mistaken in thinking that the guides needs to dynamically reposition. Linked below is the example, with two copies of the visual (the larger one has the aspect ratio I want, and the smaller one has the right overall dimensions but terrible aspect ratio). 

I imagine I can simply adjust the guide positions manually to get it to look right at the desired size. Is there another way to make it work at the smaller size?

https://austincollege-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/aseagull_austincollege_edu/Ea-goKqu2DRBqfVE-p...

Thanks,

Amon

Hi @aseagull ,

I don't have access to this link, can you re-share it, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Darn it, Henry. You are gracious to still want to help. I believe I must have used Dropbox last time I shared a file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlsxl7tcbgheqwe/Charticulator%20Test.pbix

If I knew a way to attach a file (not media) to this post, I would do that. Could be I'm blanking on something.

Thanks!

Amon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.