Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

setis
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Chart with data table

Hi All, 

Is it possible to add a data table to a chart in power bi like in excel?

I've tried adding manually a table with months but it's much wider than the actual chart in PBI

chart.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @setis,

I don't think it is possible to do this, there is no option allow you to merge multiple visuals as one visual.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to use r script to manually draw the graph which you wanted.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jkerski
Advocate I
Advocate I

8 REPLIES 8
pra137
Helper III
Helper III

hii @setis,can you please help me, how do you create this chart with table in powerbi

pra137
Helper III
Helper III

Have you got this visual in power bi? I have to create clustered chart with data table.

@pra137 thanks for letting me know. 

I have quicky tested it and it works fine. 

jkerski
Advocate I
Advocate I

There is a new custom visual now that may address your needs: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA200000675?tab=Overview

Hi @jkerski, this visual is great but it won't let me display negative values in the chart. The values show in the data table but the Y Axis always begins at zero and I can't find a way to change it. In other similar visuals the start value can be set but not this one, any ideas?

Thanks

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @setis,

I don't think it is possible to do this, there is no option allow you to merge multiple visuals as one visual.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to use r script to manually draw the graph which you wanted.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

An alternative method would be to create the column chart but then to view the data table click the 3 dots in the top right of the column chart and select show data. This will open a new window that should give you a similar view to what you are looking, while also saving space on the report.

Thanks for your answer jcarville,

I had thought about that solution, but I've been asked to prepare a report that will be printed and they want the data table below the chart. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.