Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart values (measures) not affected by Date slicer

I have multiple charts on a report with each chart based on a seperate table. All tables have a column that contain date value. I have a seperate Date table. I enabled that table as Date table (Modelling - > Mark as Date Table). In relationships, it lets me choose only 1 table relationship as active. Then I add a date slicer and chose relative so I can  choose different date ranges (last 2 weeks or Last 1 month) etc. I desire that the measures (values) in all of the charts to be displayed for that selected date range, but it is not happening, only the table an chart with which the active relationship is selected, that chart is changing as I select different date ranges, The rest are not being affected, the rest charts are all displaying all data (un filtered). I am clueless on what to be done to get all charts interactively display the data as per the date slicer. Please help and thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind,  I figured out the issue. The visual's did not have active relationships to the date table. One that was established, things worked as expected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vikram123
Helper I
Helper I

please try to join on Date not date value in the modeling b'coz Date value is whole number not date.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your response, can you explain what it means to join on date and not on Date value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind,  I figured out the issue. The visual's did not have active relationships to the date table. One that was established, things worked as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.