Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Geroo
Frequent Visitor

Chart to Show Count of Zero Values

Hi

I have a request to summarise the amount of users that havent completed a task (list item in sharepoint list that I sucking in SQL)

The list of users is from our Users container in Active Directory and I have a table showing all users Count of tasks completed, I am showing the NULL values by using this measure:

Zero SOR = (COUNT(SOR[Title]) + 0)

I have a relationship between AD 'displayname' and Task List 'Created By'.  SOR is the task list and Title being the task name. 

Which works well in a table as its shows the users with a zero score along with all the other users that have completed a task (SOR). 

Now I just want to show the totals of users per department (attribute from AD) that have not completed a task.  I have tried a number of different methods such as rowcount / countblanks  etc and at present i have a measure like this:

Zero SOR Count = CALCULATE(count(user[Name]), FILTER(SOR,ISBLANK(COUNT(SOR[Zero SOR]))))

But this brings back nothing, I am finding it increasingly difficult to count nothing and not even sure if it is possible?

Any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4
Ronald123
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Geroo ,

Try this;

Zero SOR Count = CALCULATE(count(user[Name]), FILTER(SOR, [Zero SOR]=0)

Greetz,

Ronald

@Ronald123 

I have already tried that calculation in the measure and it returns nothing, thank you anyways.

It is strange as I (like you) would of thought that calculation would of worked

@Geroo ,

Check the test file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An5X7wdH9O9ejFdjZa9kH9J-SXcr

Greetz,

Ronald

@Ronald123 

Thanks for the file, I created a new report woth just the AD User table and the task list and this works

Strangely it doesnt on my existing report so it must an issue with my relationships on the other tables i have in the report although I cannot see why at present

Thanks for the help , i wasnt going mad after all 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.