Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OmarSaleh
Helper I
Helper I

Chart outcome visualization preference

Hi everyone, 

I have an employees table and another 100% stacked column chart which shows a certain KPI at the organization level (total)

When I select a name of one employee, the chart changes the outcome to reflect only data of the employee selected. However, the way it shows the new data (outcome) based on the selection of the other table, is by highlighted the new outcome over the original chart. 

I need the outcome on the chart to be dedicated for the selected employee, department,...etc. (not by highlighting over the total) 

Here's a screenshot for the table and the chart after selecting one name (note the dark blue and dark green colors)  

OmarSaleh_0-1620635292017.png

Any idea how to change it? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@OmarSaleh , Not sure I got it correctly. But do you want the interaction to filter, in place of fill.  You want the first one :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Intract Filter.pngIntract Fill.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@OmarSaleh , Not sure I got it correctly. But do you want the interaction to filter, in place of fill.  You want the first one :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Intract Filter.pngIntract Fill.png

Thanks @amitchandak. Exactly that's what I meant, cross-filtering instead of cross-highlighting 🙂 

Many thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.