Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart interactions - Possible to interact with one field, but not date field?

Hello,

I have monthly data and I'm looking to create a dashboard whereby specialties are shown in order of their performance for the last month  to give a leaderboard of performance, I then want users to be able to click on one specialty and see the performance over time for the last year.

The issue I'm having is that when I make the selection of a specialty, the chart interactions filter the time series chart to the one month shown in the leaderboard chart. Is there a way in which I can show most recent performance, without it filtering the time series data down to one month when a user makes a selection?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ohheynnuh ,

"Is there a way in which I can show most recent performance, without it filtering the time series data down to one month when a user makes a selection?"

<--- Could you share some sample data and clarify more details about your expected requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

For the simple dataset below I've created some charts to explain my question. Performance = Sum of Sold / Sum of Stock.

In the horizontal bar chart I'm comparing performance for the most recent month by category.

The combo chart shows overall quantity of # Sold and # Stock, along with performance over time.

I want users to be able to select a category from the most recent month chart (for example, if it was underperforming last month) and see how that category has been doing over time to be able ot evaluate if last months under performance is a cause for concern, or a one off. As you can see from the third image, selecting a category on the last month chart filters the time series combo chart down to just the one month. Which is not what I want to happen.

Thanks for your help

Vicky

DataSetDataSetTwo chartsTwo chartsInteractionInteraction

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.