Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart for Calendar Weeks Data same like in Excel

Dear All,

I am trying to make similar Stacked Chart like i did in excel, but in powerbi:

This is my data and chart in excel:

Wojciech_1-1660024928578.png

Wojciech_0-1660024898563.png

Is it possible to create the same chart in power Bi using this data, my team is storing FTE data for each Project for Certain Calendar Week. I can't make similar Chart in Power Bi. Can you advise how to do it? Is it possible to do it with this table or it should me changed? 

Thanks in advance for support! 

Wojciech 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,
After you update the Excel file, you can either manually refresh the table from Power BI side or set up a Data Gateway. After each data refresh, the unpivoting and other operations will happen automatically. You can read more about data refresh here (https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/what-is-data-refresh-in-power-bi-and-how-to-set-up-schedule-refresh-in-power-bi/)

Regards,
Aditya

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Aditya_Meshram
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

You can unpivot the columns in Power Query Editor. Can you please give some sample data after removing confidential data in form of excel file, so that I can try it myself?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Test Excel - pls find file on my dropbox

Thanks for the excel file. Here is your required solution.

Aditya_Meshram_0-1660030663296.png

First I Unpivoted all your weeks columns and converted them to 2 columns containing attribute and value. In this way I converted the columns into rows. Then used these 2 columns for making the stacked bar chart. 

Attaching the .pbix file
Wojciech.pbix

Regards,
Aditya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for sharing and replying 🙂 It is looking how i imagined it. But i have one more question. Will unpivoting and converting happen automaticly each time i will update the Excel file? This is important to me as well.

BR

Wojciech

Hi @Anonymous ,
After you update the Excel file, you can either manually refresh the table from Power BI side or set up a Data Gateway. After each data refresh, the unpivoting and other operations will happen automatically. You can read more about data refresh here (https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/what-is-data-refresh-in-power-bi-and-how-to-set-up-schedule-refresh-in-power-bi/)

Regards,
Aditya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Idk how to extract the Values from this kind of table:

Wojciech_0-1660026994790.png

BR

Wojciech

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for responding, but my problem is i can put right values in chart due to this fields: 

Wojciech_0-1660026650815.png

Should it be changed ?

BR

Wojciech

Aditya_Meshram
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous , you can definitely do this using a stacked column chart. Here's a tutorial for the same 
https://www.tutorialgateway.org/stacked-column-chart-in-power-bi/

Regards,
Aditya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.