Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MisterFry
Resolver III
Resolver III

Chart by rank of measure

Hey All,

What I want is to rank products based on a sales metric, and display that metric, sorted ascending by rank on a continuous axis. 

The catch is that the fact table is at a lower intersectionality than my desired summary, and I need that summary to be reactive to selections made in slicers in the interface. 

More practically, I have a table of Sales. Sales are associated to stores, products, and a calendar (by weeks).

I want to chart, by Product 

The RANK of:

Productivity = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales)/DISTICTCOUNT(Stores), 'Product'[SomeFlag] = "Something")  along the X (horizontal) axis

and 

Productivity = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales)/DISTICTCOUNT(Stores), 'Product'[SomeFlag] = "Something")  along the Y 

I've managed to achieve this by creating a table: 

Productivity =
SUMMARIZE('Fact Data'
,'Fact Data'[Product.ID]
,"Avg Sales per Store", DIVIDE([Sum Tot Sls Rtl],[Store Count])
)
and then creating a calculated column 
Avg Sales Rank = RANKX('Productivity', 'Productivity'[Avg Sales per Store])

What it does NOT do, which I need it to, is recalculate the summarized data based on the filter context applied to the fact table. I feel like this should be a relatively simple thing to do... but I can't seem to figure it out. 

Bonus points if you can help me make it display a line for more than one week. 

Thanks!
-R
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, I'm not able to share my data, or a subset of my data. 

I wrote my visualization in R instead. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MiserFry

It is hard to understand the measure without sample data, so if possible, could you please inform me more detailed information(such as your fact  table and product table)? And if you want to sort chart by measure or column’s result, you could try to use below step:

73.png

Best Regards,

Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to share my data, or a subset of my data. 

I wrote my visualization in R instead. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.