Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CraigCF

Chart based filter

Hi

I'm on my first PowerBI Project and this is my first post in this forum so here we go...

I have a BI page which consists of 3 sections

1. a set of slicers which allow youto select a location and job type. This works fine.

2. 4 donut charts which show the scores of performance categories

3. a table which is filtered by the above and shows the measures which contribute the results for each category

I use the slicers to select the manager in our store in Boston for example. I then click on the category 1 donut chart, which then filters the table to show only the measures which make up the category 1 score for that job at that store. However, if I click the category 1 donut again, it shows all the data in the table for all 4 categories.

The behaviour I want is for the table to be filtered when I clck once on the category 1 donut, and stay that way even if the donut is clicked again. Can this be done, and if so how do I do it? Or have I made a newbie error in the set up?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Craig

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CraigCF,

I use the slicers to select the manager in our store in Boston for example. I then click on the category 1 donut chart, which then filters the table to show only the measures which make up the category 1 score for that job at that store. However, if I click the category 1 donut again, it shows all the data in the table for all 4 categories.

This is currently the default behavior that reclicking on the same item on a visual will deselect all selected items on the visual for visual cross filtering in Power BI. And I don't think there is an option to change/custom this default behavior. So I would suggest you add it as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.