cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joachim2108
Frequent Visitor

Chart and table showing different values

Hi all,

I'm having issues with a "YTD last year" measure.

YTD_Help.png

I have the same measures presented on a chart and table, however as you can see on the picture, the YTD last year values are different, while the YTD (current year) values are correct and the same. The YTD last year values are correct on the chart, not the table. The DAX formula for YTD last year is: 

YTD Last year = CALCULATE([YTD];SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('DATE'[DATE]))

The solution is probably very simple, however I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone tell me why the table shows different values, and how do I fix it?? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joachim2108 ,

Please show some sample data. You could check the blog about How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Joachim2108
Frequent Visitor

Followup: I understand the issue has something to do with how PBI calculates totals, however the solutions to these problems are different depending on the context. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors