Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joachim2108
Helper I
Helper I

Chart and table showing different values

Hi all,

I'm having issues with a "YTD last year" measure.

YTD_Help.png

I have the same measures presented on a chart and table, however as you can see on the picture, the YTD last year values are different, while the YTD (current year) values are correct and the same. The YTD last year values are correct on the chart, not the table. The DAX formula for YTD last year is: 

YTD Last year = CALCULATE([YTD];SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('DATE'[DATE]))

The solution is probably very simple, however I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone tell me why the table shows different values, and how do I fix it?? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joachim2108 ,

Please show some sample data. You could check the blog about How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Joachim2108
Helper I
Helper I

Followup: I understand the issue has something to do with how PBI calculates totals, however the solutions to these problems are different depending on the context. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.