Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

codyraptor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Chart Titles that adjust to the drill down layer

I'm looking for a way to change messages based on different drill down levels in a bar chart.  My hierarchy is Trade, Manager, Representative, State, Market, Vendor.

This is my DAX formula so far...

Selected = VAR Selected = FIRSTNONBLANK(Trade[Contrel Trade],TRUE)                                                                                                               VAR selected_trade = FIRSTNONBLANK(Trade[Contrel Trade],TRUE)  

VAR selected_Manager_Name = FIRSTNONBLANK('Contrel Manager'[MANAGER_NAME],TRUE)  

VAR topvolumebyMarket =MAXX(SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Dispatch[MANAGER_NAME],Dispatch[MARKET],

"MaxDispVolume",Dispatch[Disp Count]),[MaxDispVolume])          

RETURN

IF(HASONEVALUE('Contrel Manager'[MANAGER_NAME]), selected_Manager_Name & "'s largest dispatch volume is in Market " & FORMAT(topvolumebyMarket,"###,0"),"PICK SOMETHING!!!")

The return statement works if I go to that layer in the chart, but I lose it if I use the 'Drill Down' feature.  I can't seem to get any of the other layers to respond either.  ANy help is greatly appreciated!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Drill down does not change filter context, so your measures won't update. I thought the standard headings auto updated during drill through

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I'm not using standard headings...I'm using a card to call out specific information based on the drill down.  Another words...it would be a dynamic card to say something based on selected State...the next level..I might change the message based on selected Manager...etc...

And as I said, drill down does not change filter context, so this approach is not going to work.  But if you look at the standard headings I think you will find that they do work.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.