Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart Not Filtering Properly

Hi,

I am new to PBI and seek some guidance.

Please refer to the data model below.

Model.PNG

Note that I had to create a bridge table called EmployeeEmail to join PBI_Event and Employee because otherwise it's Many to Many relationship.

I would like to analyze number of days from today each user/employee was last active.

For this, I created two measures:

LastActivity = CALCULATE(MAX(PBI_Event[CreatedDateUtc+10 - Date]))

InactivePeriodDays = VALUE(CALCULATE(TODAY() - [LastActivity]))

Then, using this measure in stacked bar char as per below.

chart.PNG

It seems to be working OK, but when I tried to filter the chart to only include active employee using [Employee].[EmployeeStatus] in the Visual Level Filter, the chart generates wrong data (see below).

chart2.PNG

Similarly, if I put EmailAddress in Visual level filter, and just choose an email address, it does not filter the chart to only show that user, so looks like the filtering does not work properly.

I am not sure why this occurs. Is it in the measure calculations and/or the data model relationship or something else that I miss?

Any advice is appreaciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Drag measure [LastActivity] to visual level filter and set Show items when the value is not blank.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Drag measure [LastActivity] to visual level filter and set Show items when the value is not blank.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.