Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Chart - 2 Column superposse and Line exist visual?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find any visual that can solve my problem (and i dont find anything). I have 3 measures:

Actual Sales. Sum of sales for each day..

Ref Sales. Sum of expected sales that i should have every day

Ratio Actual vs Ref (%)

And i want to have a visual where Actual and Ref sales should be columns and the Ratio should be a line. The visual called "line and clustered chart" not solve my problem due to it creates 2 columns (one for actual and one for ref). I have tried a visual from the market called "Bullet chart by OkViz" and the columns are in one with superposse the other but it not solve the problem of the line becasue it doesnt have the option to put a line. I have tried other things but i dont find any visual that solve my problem. 

Any have the idea of a visual that can do that?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dobregon,

Maybe you can do 'unpivot columns' on 'query editor' side to convert your value fields(actual and ref) to attribute and value, then you can use 'attribute' on column series and 'value' on column value to group original values based on series category.

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft thanks for your reply,

it is not the problem. i can have 2 measures or 2 columns calculated but the problem is that i want to have this type of visual (picture)

chart1.png

In dark grey the actual sales, in grey the expected and the line the ratio. The problem is that i cant find a visual in the market (free) thatt can do that.

The bubble chart that i said have only the posibility of the 2 columns but it is not possible to add the line. The microsoft visual line and columns chart have the possibility to do 2 measures as columns and lines but there are 2 columns (picture below, but imagine a line too)

chart2.png

So, i'm looking for a visual that can do that the first picture.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

HI @dobregon,

If you want to display these data labels on the same column, I'd like to suggest you use 'line and stacked column' chart.

BTW, I don't think it is possible to use normal power bi visuals to show different data labels to stack them on the same axis position.

For your requirement, maybe you can try to use R visual or Python visual to manually plot a similar graph based on script/code with source table records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.