Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing visuals when using a slicer

Hello! 

I would like to be able to show a bar chart if nothing is being filtered using a slicer BUT if a single option is selected the Bar Chart is no longer appliedSo basically when filtering I want one chart visible and when not filtering I would like a different chart visible in it's place. I understand that I could use the selection pane and possibly create two "buttons" to turn that pie chart into different visuals for if I am comparing all data or single selection. Before I did this and spent a considerable amount of time re-formatting and stuff. I was curious if anyone knew of a way to do this automatically, as soon as a slicer option is selected the visuals can be changed possibly using the selection pane campability? 

Any tips or comments will be helpful! 

Thanks, 

Austin I 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Out of the box, what you describe cannot be done in Power BI.

As you mention, you can use buttons and bookmarks. Instead of 2 buttons to switch the visual being showed, you could arrange buttons to resemble a slicer and combine this with the appropriate bookmarks. 

It is possible to create your own custom visual to do what you describe, but unless you are a skilled javascript programmer, prepare to spend a lot of time to get something like this working.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Out of the box, what you describe cannot be done in Power BI.

As you mention, you can use buttons and bookmarks. Instead of 2 buttons to switch the visual being showed, you could arrange buttons to resemble a slicer and combine this with the appropriate bookmarks. 

It is possible to create your own custom visual to do what you describe, but unless you are a skilled javascript programmer, prepare to spend a lot of time to get something like this working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not the answer I was hoping for but an answer indee. Thankyou! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.