Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dia612
Helper IV
Helper IV

Changing visual layer order based on measure value

Hii Community,

I have created report which has many visuals and on the top of that I created a datalabel .Now, If  output of a measure = 0 ,the datalabel which is on the top of all will become transparent and we can see the visuals or else the data label will show error message masking all the visuals in the background.

Now the issue is , when the measure output = 0 and the data label becomes transparent,we can see the visuals but cannot play around because the data label in on the front layer.

Is there a way we can send the data label to back when the measure output = 0 and to the front when measure output = 1???

For example,

In this image, I have created 2 visuals one on the top of another.

1.png

Now when the measure output =0 , the data label will become transparent so we can see the  background visual  but cannot play around it(if it is filter visual, table or pie chart etc).

2.png

If the measure output = 1 , the data label will show the message 3.png

Measure I used to change the background color of the datalabel  

using this idea (https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visual-based-on-selection/ )

Make Transparent =
IF(
[Count] = 0
"#FFFFFF00",
"White"
)

Error Message =
IF(
[Count] = 1 ,
"Error",""
)

now can we change the layer order of the data label to back only when the measure output = 0 so that we can play around the visuals??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dia612 , I think you can not change the layer order based on the condition as of now.

Please log an idea for that

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dia612 , I think you can not change the layer order based on the condition as of now.

Please log an idea for that

So there is no way to change the layer order based on the value of a measure? I am having the same problem as the OP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors