Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kkalyanrr
Helper V
Helper V

Changing the fields on the Charts through Slicer connected to the Chart (Dynamic Fields)

Hello Team,

Is there any DAX query to change the field in the Chart Visual.

For eg.. I've a table with Columns A1,A2,A3,A4.,A5..  where in I need to calculate the sum of Column A5 and should be able to drill it through A1,A2,A3,A4,A5. So I was planing to have only one chart and a slicer so that I can change the chart o/p based on slicer selection A1/A2/A3/A4.

Thanks,

Kalyan.. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but maybe this is similar

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculate-Month-over-Month-with-Month-filter/m-p/216879#M96...

also look here

http://www.leanx.eu/tutorials/dynamic-dimensions-in-power-bi

Hopefully this gets you started.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hello Tom,

The second URL is helpful, but the only problem is creating artificial join table manually (in the given example its just 3 dimensions and 230 records)..but in case of large data sets , is there a way we can link artificial join table directly with main table?

Thanks,

Kalyan..

Hey,

still not able to fully understand your requirement, but this pattern relies heavily on the "concept" of unrelated tables. Unrelated table does not mean, you have to create the table manually, you also can use to automate the creation of this table using Power Query or create a view inside your data source if you are on direct query.

From a performance perspective, maybe you get yourself familiar with the following DAX functions

Hope this helps

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
kkalyanrr
Helper V
Helper V

Hello Team,

Is there any DAX query to change the field in the Chart Visual.

For eg.. I've a table with Columns A1,A2,A3,A4.,A5..  where in I need to calculate the sum of Column A5 and should be able to drill it through A1,A2,A3,A4,A5. So I was planing to have only one chart and a slicer so that I can change the chart o/p based on slicer selection A1/A2/A3/A4.

Thanks,

Kalyan.. 

Hi @kkalyanrr,

If I understand you correctly, I don't think there is an easy way to do it in Power BI currently. You may need to merge the values in A1,A2,A3,A4 into a single column with the corresponding column name in another column to make it work.  Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.