Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bchager6
Super User
Super User

Changing the data type of a measure

Hello,

Below is a snag of a chart that's displaying numbers to the E-n and I don't want it to. Those numbers are measures. If they weren't, I could change the data type to fixed decimal, 2 decimal places, and it would display the numbers as 0.00. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the data type of a measure to fixed decimal via DAX since we're not able to change the data type via the modeling tab?

Capture2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @bchager6,

Can you please share some dummy data with a similar data structure? It will help for test and coding formula on them.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Neither of these help unfortunately. The FIXED function changes the data format to text.

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@bchager6 

I don't know if that solves the problem but you could change the measure datatype .

Unders Report tab,

If you are using latest desktop with new ribbon preview, when you click on a measure a "Measure tools" menu appears and you could change the data type and no. of decimals.

Please see the image for old design.

Capture1.PNG

If this helps, mark it as a solution  

Kudos are nice too.

Connect on LinkedIn

This doesn't work unfortunately. As I noted originally, we are unable to change the data type of a measure within the modeling tab or within the measure tools.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.