cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchager6 Helper IV
Helper IV

Changing the data type of a measure

Hello,

Below is a snag of a chart that's displaying numbers to the E-n and I don't want it to. Those numbers are measures. If they weren't, I could change the data type to fixed decimal, 2 decimal places, and it would display the numbers as 0.00. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the data type of a measure to fixed decimal via DAX since we're not able to change the data type via the modeling tab?

Capture2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Changing the data type of a measure

@bchager6 

I don't know if that solves the problem but you could change the measure datatype .

Unders Report tab,

If you are using latest desktop with new ribbon preview, when you click on a measure a "Measure tools" menu appears and you could change the data type and no. of decimals.

Please see the image for old design.

Capture1.PNG

If this helps, mark it as a solution  

Kudos are nice too.

Super User IV
Super User IV

Can this help

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/fixed-function-dax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9HNYx-b7ro

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP,
HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Proud to be a Super User! Linkedin

bchager6 Helper IV
Helper IV

Neither of these help unfortunately. The FIXED function changes the data format to text.

bchager6 Helper IV
Helper IV

This doesn't work unfortunately. As I noted originally, we are unable to change the data type of a measure within the modeling tab or within the measure tools.

Community Support
Community Support

HI @bchager6,

Can you please share some dummy data with a similar data structure? It will help for test and coding formula on them.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly
Learning resources: Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors