Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Catcheson
Frequent Visitor

Changing the data source problems

My data sources are SharePoint lists.

i have developed the BI reports with these lists in a “dev” platform.  We have now moved to a “UAT” platform.  Identical lists.  I have pointed my reports at the UAT platform through the Options and settings...Data source settings and when I refresh my reports I am getting an error loading one of the lists.  The error is Expression. error: The column ‘ID’ of the table wasn’t found.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.

The ID field in SharePoint lists is a default field and as such cannot be edited or deleted.  That was what was confusing!

i have however resolved the issue so will give it here in case someone else finds it useful...

My reports did not work when the lists were completely empty but as soon as I had at least one row of data in each SharePoint list, the reports worked and showed correct results.

Who knew?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Catcheson have you checked in query editor if the id column exists or is named something different?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for your reply.

The ID field in SharePoint lists is a default field and as such cannot be edited or deleted.  That was what was confusing!

i have however resolved the issue so will give it here in case someone else finds it useful...

My reports did not work when the lists were completely empty but as soon as I had at least one row of data in each SharePoint list, the reports worked and showed correct results.

Who knew?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.