Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mouzi4us

Changing the count to sum in time format

Hi Friends

I have a problem with time format in PBI , i want to demonstrate the over time in column chart , but instead of suming the values for different people , it counts them !!!

in the edit queries i ve changed the overtime format to TIME , but still doesnt work and also there is no Sum in quick calc too .

i ll be so thankful if u help me on this

Time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

It is relatively hard to do aggregations on TIME FORMATS of the data. For this purpose, I have split the column by " : " Delimiter and

then again split by space demiliter to remove AM. Followed by this, I multiplied the hour column by 60 and summed up hour and minutes column together to get total minutes.

It is then divided by 60 and rounded to 4 decimal places to get the actual overtime in hours.

All I have done this in Query Editor and You can finally see the results in the column chart summed up. 

REFER TO THE SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED FOR THE STEPS.SPLIT BY COLONSPLIT BY COLONSPLIT BY SPACESPLIT BY SPACECREATE CUSTOM COLUMNCREATE CUSTOM COLUMN

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

It is relatively hard to do aggregations on TIME FORMATS of the data. For this purpose, I have split the column by " : " Delimiter and

then again split by space demiliter to remove AM. Followed by this, I multiplied the hour column by 60 and summed up hour and minutes column together to get total minutes.

It is then divided by 60 and rounded to 4 decimal places to get the actual overtime in hours.

All I have done this in Query Editor and You can finally see the results in the column chart summed up. 

REFER TO THE SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED FOR THE STEPS.SPLIT BY COLONSPLIT BY COLONSPLIT BY SPACESPLIT BY SPACECREATE CUSTOM COLUMNCREATE CUSTOM COLUMN

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.