Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yayadk
Regular Visitor

Changing parameters in the Datamshup file without opening the report

Hi Guys.

I have a few parameters in  my report and know that they are stored in the Datamashup file which i have seen by opening the report with 7-zip.
I have tried to change the parameters' data on the file, save it and tried to make it a report again but it is not working.
Is there a way to do that? i mean is there a way to change the data of the parameters manually in the source code and not by opening power bi?

Tnx in advance
Yair

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yayadk,

Do you have any special goal to not change parameter values in Power BI? Based on my research, currently we need to change the parameters values in Power BI desktop manually.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu

Tnx for the answer.

Yes it is for a special thing. We have a software that we would like to have Power BI reports integrated .

Each customer has it's own server with our software and in the reports we are using the oData connection to the DB of the software.

Therefor the url to the DB is different for each and every client.

The url is a parameter that i have created as a part of the data source in the query.

The installation is automatucally and being rolled out to all the customers in one shot.

Therefor we wanted to manipulate the url parameter directly from the datamashup file as we can see the parameter there.

I have tried to open the report, copy the datamashup file up, change the parameter, and paste it back again. As soon as i have tried to make it power bi file again (meaning changing from zip to pbix) and run it, it came with error saying that the file is corrupted.

The reprts will be ONLY used in the desktop version.

Any ideas?

Tnx in advance

Yaya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.