Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing image based on a measure value

Hi everyone,

I am working on a scorecard where I have a mesure 'Total Score' that has value from 1 to 5.

I am aware of the UNICHAR one, but that does not work with images so, any help here would be really great.

There is a background image I need to add to it ( some thing like a square shape or any shape that fits the measure value.

My question  is I want the image to change its colors from yellow (for 2.5) and become green as it reaches 5 while become red as it approaches 1 ( differences of 0.5 ). It should look like this. The green in the back should change as the value of the measure change from 1 to 5.

Score.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello-

2 workarounds/suggestions I can think of.

1) Import a custom Power BI Visualization from the Power BI marketplace.  There is one called "Conditions."  It will change the background color based on a set of conditions like value.  I think it takes up to 5 or so.

2) You can you use conditional formatting in a table and turn on icons.  If you make the icon large and set the rules correctly, it should do what you want.

Hope this helps.

Jared

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello-

2 workarounds/suggestions I can think of.

1) Import a custom Power BI Visualization from the Power BI marketplace.  There is one called "Conditions."  It will change the background color based on a set of conditions like value.  I think it takes up to 5 or so.

2) You can you use conditional formatting in a table and turn on icons.  If you make the icon large and set the rules correctly, it should do what you want.

Hope this helps.

Jared

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the quick response. For the first option, could you please share the link to the power bi visual in the power bi marketplace. I am unable to find one named 'Conditions' in there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize, I thought it was called Conditions, but that is the option name in the format painter.

The Visualization is called "Advance Card."

Jared

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked but, the advance card only allows maximum 3 conditions.

So, I suppose I would need another way to add more conditions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.