Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

psmith-nhs-inc
Helper III
Helper III

Changing home table does not change references

I am sure this has been addressed but can't seem to find it here.  Move Sales[YTD Sales] to ALLMEASURES, and it is now ALLMEASURES[YTD Sales].

However, other measures which use Sales[YTD Sales] are not being updated to use ALLMEASURES[YTD Sales].  Instead they just break.

The ability to move a measure is almost useless if it breaks any measures depending on it.  Is there some setting I need to turn on?  What am I missing?

Thanx

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you refer to measures just omit the table name, e.g. instead of Sales[YTD Sales] use [YTD Sales]. Measure name must be unique within the whole model.

PS. BTW, all measures are silently stored in one dimension called "Measures". That's why you cannot call any table "Measures".

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Pawel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@psmith-nhs-inc

Hi Phil,

I think @Anonymous's answer is wonderful. Maybe you could vote or create an idea to bring us this feature in the future. URL: duplicate-measure-and-format-copy

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you refer to measures just omit the table name, e.g. instead of Sales[YTD Sales] use [YTD Sales]. Measure name must be unique within the whole model.

PS. BTW, all measures are silently stored in one dimension called "Measures". That's why you cannot call any table "Measures".

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Pawel

It doesn't really help when you have already built a couple of hundred measures,  but at least I know.

Thanx

Phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.