Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing data structure in Questionnaire data

Hi, 

I have a table built around the answers from a customer survey. the data is modelled in a way which makes it difficult to report on. My end goal is to get a stacked column chart that looks like this:

Dobby_Libr3_0-1572452362433.png and in excel I used count if functions in a table here. 

Dobby_Libr3_3-1572452645888.png

but the data looks like this where the answers are in separate columns ( I have also included sample data in excel).

Dobby_Libr3_2-1572452593480.png

My issue is as they are all in separate columns I can't get the counts based on the answers - I tired to pivot the columns into a new table but the first error was it only gave me the un-pivot option then when I tired to create a relationship said it was a many to many when I tried to link them back.

Dobby_Libr3_4-1572452858926.png

As always any assistance will be greatly appreciated! 

Dobby Libr3

link to sheet Test Survey Data 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Try this:

rarely.PNG

PBIX file is attached.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Icey , 

Thanks for your help with this! I managed to get it to work, I couldn't recreate your Dax code but I managed to change the sheets around so I didn't have to. Finished dashboard below (some of the colours may change) Customer Feedback.PNG

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I was pulled off this report to focus on other business crital reports. 

Thanks again

Dobby Libr3 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Try this:

rarely.PNG

PBIX file is attached.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Icey

Thanks for you time! Unfortunately this wont work as a final solution as I need to keep the other columns in the table so the slicers will work, I have slicers for [Area:] and [Building Master] and [Start Date]. I should have mentioned this in the original post sorry! 

Thanks Dobby

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think it works. If it is not what you want, please let me know.

rarely follow.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.