Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alirezam
Helper V
Helper V

Changing data sources after moving the datasets to the sharepoint

Hi,

We are migrating from on-premise to the cloud (SharePoint) meaning all the 'source address' of the 'datasets' will be modified and won't be readable in 'Power Query'. As I have many tables it is almost impossible to manually update the addresses plus I have to change the 'data sources type' from 'excel' to 'SharePoint folder'. 

Any help will be much appreciated to facilitate this process.

Many thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Alirezam 

I am afraid there is no other ways to change multiple sources to SharePoint. You may submit ideas for this:Ideas (powerbi.com)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

Thanks I have posted this as an idea.

Alirezam
Helper V
Helper V

Hi Thanks for your reply but this means I have to do this manual task for every single dataset and I do not want to do it manually.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Alirezam , Create a new file with SharePoint connection. Open power Query and right on the table and open advance editor and copy the top part script and replace it in the connection with excel in the advance editor

I have done a part of this for datatype in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meUxcbwujl8

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.