Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matthias93
Helper III
Helper III

Changing data source errors

Hi,

I currently have a dashboard based on some SharePoint lists and some excels. I am trying to change the data source of the SharePoint lists to a new SharePoint site. If i do this through the advanced editor it get the error message as shown in the screenshot. I then tried to change source and the navigation in the 'applied steps' section of the queries. This however gives me errors saying that the 'ID' column cannot be found since I changed the name of the ID columns since I was getting error in the first place saying that there already was an ID column in other queries. If I take out the step where I changed the ID name I of course get errors in my following query steps which use the new ID column name.

Has anybody got an idea on how to get this solved, I'm getting quite desperate and don't feel like rebuilding my entire dashboard from scratch.

Kind regards,

Matterror.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved this issue by going to the step where it started to go wrong. I noticed there was always a step where the ID column was changed to ID.1, by changing this ID.1 to ID in the advanced editors all my issues went away.

Thanks for helping

Regards,

Matthias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I would go into Advanced Editor and copy your query out to Notepad or something like that. Create a new query to the new source and start going through the same steps and see if you can replicate your query. You can paste in code from your old query when you feel that you get to the point that things are working but first step is to make sure that you can connect to your new list successfully and go through your steps. You can always rename your queries to get them in the right tables.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I solved this issue by going to the step where it started to go wrong. I noticed there was always a step where the ID column was changed to ID.1, by changing this ID.1 to ID in the advanced editors all my issues went away.

Thanks for helping

Regards,

Matthias

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.