Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sjensen
Helper I
Helper I

Changing data from the sheet to the Table

I show on my Data tab that it is blank so I scroll down and see that the data is way down below. I then go to the edit query and see that for some reason it is pulling the sheet data instead of the table data. How do I change the data pull to the table not the sheet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, i think because Power BI has to navigate to the table from the sheet, so it always looks at sheet to start with.

Glad i could help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @sjensen,

If you go into edit edit query, you should click on "Source" in "Applied Steps" on the right hand side of the screen.

Applied Steps.PNG

From here the main screen should show you something like the below. You should click on the "Table" link next to "Table1" (or whatever your table is called".

Power BI will probably prompt that you are creating a new navigation step; click "Continue".

Table.PNG

Hope that helps,

Alex

Thank you for the information. So I click on the table under data and it says 

"Navigation Step

You are about to create a navigation step that replaces the subsequent steps. Do you want to continue?"

I click continue and it jumps to Changed type but nothing changed? Am I missing a step?

alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

No, that should work!

Are your extra rows still there?

No they are not that fixed it for sure. If it is good staying as a sheet that I am good with that. I was just thinking it was going to change it from a sheet to table but this still works. 

alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, i think because Power BI has to navigate to the table from the sheet, so it always looks at sheet to start with.

Glad i could help!

thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.