Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sander123
Regular Visitor

Changing column names using M coding screws up Tables

I found a solution to rename column names automatically based on content of a certain column using the following command:

#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(Source,{{"Value", Source[ReportDate]{0}}}),

Although this works, if also screws up the tables because the "name reference" will change. This results in the following error/problem:Capture.PNGBefore i had dates  22 and 23. After updating i have dates 22 and 24. Because 23 changed to 24, Power Bi doenst reconizes the value to use anymore. Is this possible to fix using some other lines of code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Sander123,

By my test and confirmed, this is a limitation in Power BI currently.

When we refer to other values to rename the column name which option is complex, we will encountr this error. We only to click "Fix this" and drag the column again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Sander123,

By my test and confirmed, this is a limitation in Power BI currently.

When we refer to other values to rename the column name which option is complex, we will encountr this error. We only to click "Fix this" and drag the column again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.