cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ff6d Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Changing colours of legends

Hi

Each time I open my PBI workbook, the colours of my legends in the bar graph changes randomly. I go to the format pane and select my colours but next time the colours are changed again

How can I solve this?

Thank,

Mikkel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Changing colours of legends

Hi @ff6d,

Please see below information from PG team: 

By Design, colors are assigned to dynamic values on a first-come, first-serve basis. Loading timing can affect this. User can specifically set colors using Data Colors formatting card. We have a scenario in our backlog to fix this by introducing a color dictionary that we save with the report, but it is not funded at this point.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@ff6d,

I can reproduce this issue in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.55.5010.641), I will report it internally and post  back once I get updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ff6d Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Lydia

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @ff6d,

Please see below information from PG team: 

By Design, colors are assigned to dynamic values on a first-come, first-serve basis. Loading timing can affect this. User can specifically set colors using Data Colors formatting card. We have a scenario in our backlog to fix this by introducing a color dictionary that we save with the report, but it is not funded at this point.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
skocheta Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft Any update on this one.

We are using specific colors for MAP View legends and The colors do not follow the assigned pallette.