Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshcorti11
Helper III
Helper III

Changing and Saving Fields in a Data Point Table

Hi Everyone,

I have built a visual (a simple bar chart). I have noticed that the data point table is handy, especially because the bar chart is counting leads over days of the week. When the data point table is displayed, the dashboard user can see all sorts of information about those leads. 

I am wondering how Microsoft Power BI chooses which fields it will display in the data point table and which fields it will leave out. Is there a way to select the fields you would like to see and the fields you would like to leave out? I know that there's a value box for the data point table, but when I add or remove fields in that value box, then exit the report, they are no longer there when I come back to the report.

TIA!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@joshcorti11 , can you share some screenshot and explain.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Sure thing! here are step-by-step screenshots (they have brief notes in them). Steps 4 and 7 show the problem. The problem is when I am in the data point table and attempt to move, add, or delete any of the fields (step 4), then exit the data point table and come back the changes I made to the fields have not saved (step 7).

Step 1.jpgStep 2.jpgStep 3.jpgStep 4.jpgStep 5.jpgStep 6.jpgStep 7.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.