Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing a Price of a stock to calculate shares

Hi folks,

I have a few measures:

2019 Stock Shares Value = 'Equity'[2019 Shares]*17

2020 Stock Shares Value = 'Equity'[2020 Shares]*17

2021 Stock Shares Value = 'Equity'[2021 Shares]*17

We anticipate the stock price of those measures to be $17. However, what I want to do is give the user a chance to use one slicer to change the amount from $17 to some other value. 

I would want the values to be from $17-$25, but if they selected a price, I would want the price to change all 3 measures in the table or pivot visual. 

What's the best way to do this? I've tried searching and can't seem to find anything. 

Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Why don't you try the What If Parameter option in Power BI (Modeling -> New Parameter). You can create a parameter, with minimum value 17 & maximum value 25. Then you can replace 17 in all your measures with the [Parameter Value] measure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Why don't you try the What If Parameter option in Power BI (Modeling -> New Parameter). You can create a parameter, with minimum value 17 & maximum value 25. Then you can replace 17 in all your measures with the [Parameter Value] measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AkhilAshok Oh. Em. Gee. I forgot about that! You're right. I forgot about how easy that is to do. Thank you 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.