Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atif-hafeez
Helper I
Helper I

Changing SQL Query in Source results in mismatch error

So i created a Power BI report using an SQL Server Query. This query had a certain number of columns. Inorder to do some clean up work, i updated my source sql query. This query had few columns than the original query. After saving the power query and refreshing the report, I am getting the following error. 

OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

How can i fix this issue? I have created a lot of measures and visualizations. I do not want to recreate everything from scratch. Is there any issue with my approach? Please feel free to provide your comments and suggestions. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@atif-hafeez - I think this previous thread describe it well. 

Cheers,

Nathan

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes i visited this thread previously. The issue discussed in that thread doesnt have to do with changing the query. In my case, I only have one step (source) and still i am getting the mismatch error. Any how i solved the problem by creating a new source using the new query, then manually updating the table name in every measure and re mapping the relationships to the new table.

I hope microsoft comes up with a solution that gives the user ability to troubleshoot issues that might occur during refreshing of the data.

Atif

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.