Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Guustc
Helper I
Helper I

Changing Pbix datasource from NAV2009 to NAV2016

Hi there,

I have bould two data models based on a NAV2009 SQL database. Now we did an upgrade to NAV2016 and i would like to connect my current datamodel and reports to the new datasource. I changed the data source to the new SQL database but I get some errors about missing fields.

The fact is that the databases are for 95% the same but there are some missing fields or fields with changed names. What is the most fastest and simplest way to identify these fields and either delete them (because they are not used at all) or change the names so i have the correct field?

Thanks in advance for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to the Query Editor and In the Query steps, Click the Gear icon next to the source & navigation, this is where you can see what databases/tables are imported. 

Also, In the Home tab, Go to the choose columns icon and it will pop up the drop down where you can see the list of all columns in your query.

See the attached screenshot.

c1.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to the Query Editor and In the Query steps, Click the Gear icon next to the source & navigation, this is where you can see what databases/tables are imported. 

Also, In the Home tab, Go to the choose columns icon and it will pop up the drop down where you can see the list of all columns in your query.

See the attached screenshot.

c1.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi there,

Thanks for you suggesting! This really works. I also used the Advanced editor to just remove the fields that are not there in the code, so i can quickly adjust the query and see which fields are missing.

If this works for you, please accept this as a solution ans close the thread.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.