Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chirag_Sidana
Frequent Visitor

Changing Measure Values to Months/Days

Hi,

I have created a measure which calculates the number of days to achieve a certain target. However, since the # days are coming out to be 100+ for a lot of cases, I would also like to give the user an option to show the measure in # months if desired. So basically a click functionality where the user can chose to see the measure in months or days. This would have been simple in Tableau using parameters but I am not sure if Power BI parameters can be used the same way.

Thanks in advance,

Chirag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi Chirag,

The DATEDIFF DAX function should help with what you're trying to achieve.

You could create different measures using this function for Days, Weeks, Months difference etc and then have a slicer to allow the user to select one of these measures.

Hope that helps

Alex

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi Chirag,

The DATEDIFF DAX function should help with what you're trying to achieve.

You could create different measures using this function for Days, Weeks, Months difference etc and then have a slicer to allow the user to select one of these measures.

Hope that helps

Alex

Thanks for your response Alex! I wasn't sure how DATEDIFF could fix this but I did create two measures - one for date and month each and used slicer to change the view between these two measures. This does help me achieve the view I wanted.

Thanks Again!

Chirag

Great, glad I could help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.