Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robstewart89
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Changes made in Desktop not being reflected in workspace

Hi 

I've got an existing report/dashboard in my workspace and wanted to add a filter visual to one of the reports. I have done this on desktop and went to publish and overwrite the existing dataset on Power BI and "Success!"

However when going to my workspace none of the changes have taken effect. I have signed out and back in again (on both desktop and online) but still no luck. I added a calculated column as part of these changes and this seems to have appeared (eventually) but my visuals and layouts still remain the same 

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Robert

6 REPLIES 6

Hi!

Did you manage you to fix the issue?

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. please help

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Murthy

BraneyBI
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

If you pin an object to a dashboard with a particular filter activated, this object (tile) will continue to have that same filter applied even if the underlying report changed.  If you need the filter applied to a particular tile to change, you have to delete it and re-pin. 

If the isse is that you are not seeing new data, click the elipsis on the top right of the dashboard and refresh the tiles. 

Let me know if this does not address all of your issues.  

@BraneyBI thanks for replying

It's not the dashboard tile that's updating its the actual report (my dashboard just has an image placeholder to link to the report)

The data itself seems to be updating as i'm seeing data for the previous date but when I want to add an extra slicer (in dekstop) it's not appearing online

I have had this happen in the past, but refreshing the browser usually takes care of it.  If refreshing does not help, you should file an issue at issues.powerbi.com.

Hi,

Ignore if i am wrong....

Since you are sharing this dashboard, did you update content pack?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.