Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Álvaro_SM
Frequent Visitor

Changes done in Data Transformation not reflected in Main tab

Dear all,

I wonder why some of the changes we perform in Data Transformation aren't reflected in the 'normal' tabs.

Please see an example below:

Data Transformation:

lvaro_SM_0-1653297789605.png

Beautifully formatted as percentage and custom column order.

However, even after applying the queries several times, all I'm getting in the normal view is:

lvaro_SM_1-1653297852385.png

Have you got any clue why this might be happening?

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
rohit_singh
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Álvaro_SM ,

Happy to help. Sorry I don't know how to select multiple columns at once in Report view. 

For your field formatting issue maybe you could add an addition step in Power Query to specify the default round off that you want.

Select the column and click on the "Transform" tab. Then click on "Rounding" --> "Round" and specify the number of digits you want after the decimal.

rohit_singh_0-1653299981019.png

This will ensure that your changes are propogated to the report view. 

Apologies I'm not really sure what else you can do about the column order in report view if you've already specified the order in power query.

Kind regards,

Rohit

Please mark this answer as the solution if it resolves your issue.
Appreciate your kudos! 😊

Hi @rohit_singh ,

Yes, that's what I did. If you have a closer look at the forst screenshot you'll see that data is shown as percenatge and rounded up to 2 digits.

My real problem is that neither the coilumn order nor format is being replciated in the report view 😞

Anyway, thanks for trying out!

rohit_singh
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Álvaro_SM ,

In the report view, you will need to specify the number of significant bits for your column. This can be done by clicking on the column, then clicking on "Column Tools", and entering a number to specify number of digits you need after the decimal.

rohit_singh_0-1653298286870.png

Kind regards,

Rohit

Please mark this answer as the solution if it resolves your issue.
Appreciate your kudos! 😊

Hi @rohit_singh ,

Thanks for your swift reply 🙂

Actually, I still wonder why this is not automatically reflected. Although I could actually do this again in the report view manually, I still think that's an unnecesassary pain in the neck. Moreover, I cannot reorder the columns in the report view and those discrepancies between Data Transformation and Report should be solved technically.

By the way, do you happen to know how can I select all columns in the report view at once?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.