Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksobota
Regular Visitor

Changes Made in Power BI Desktop Not in Cloud

Hello,

I am a fairly new Power BI user, but am working to gain a full understanding of the system. I have created several pages in a report in Power BI desktop. A week ago, I published the report and dataset to the cloud, created a dashboard, and shared the dashboard with others in my organization.

I have since made some changes to two of my visuals in Power BI desktop. These visuals are a part of one of my dashboards in the cloud, but despite saving my report in Power BI desktop, refreshing my data in Power BI desktop, and refreshing my dataset and report in the cloud, the changes I made in Power BI desktop are not showing in the cloud.

Am I missing something? Do I have to re-publish my report from Power BI desktop now that changes have been made? If so, how does bringing in a new dataset into the cloud affect the scheduled updates I had set up?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
adrianbravo
Helper I
Helper I

Hi.

You must to re-publish you dataset, and it going to ask to you if you want to replace the existing dataset.
It is the way that you can update your dataset.

View solution in original post

@ksobota yep, you have to re-publish any changes. The PBIX file name is the dataset in the Service, so you shouldn't have any issues publishing the updates, and the dashboard and schedule should not be changed/altered.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@ksobota yep, you have to re-publish any changes. The PBIX file name is the dataset in the Service, so you shouldn't have any issues publishing the updates, and the dashboard and schedule should not be changed/altered.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
adrianbravo
Helper I
Helper I

Hi.

You must to re-publish you dataset, and it going to ask to you if you want to replace the existing dataset.
It is the way that you can update your dataset.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.