Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Changed behavior shift+enter

Apparently they changed the behavior of Shift + ENTER. 

Before, it would always jump to the first position on the new line, but now it depends on the line from which you use the combination where the cursor will be starting.

Can I change that back to what it was, always starting from the first position? 

I blame the new generation. Always thinking they can know things better...
4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DouweMeer ,

The keyboard shortcuts "Shift + Enter" is to insert line below, and the keyboard shortcuts "Alt+ Enter" has the same behavior as the previous one as I tested in my side(Version: 2.110.1161.0 64-bit (October 2022)). You can review the following official documentation to get more details about the keyboard shortcuts...

Keyboard shortcuts in Power BI Desktop

yingyinr_1-1669625715903.png

And base on my research, there is no property or option to disable that. You can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming soon.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Feels a bit silly to propose an idea on something Microsoft changed on purpose. I'm not looking for a tug of war. 

Previously I always had my code written like this:

DouweMeer_2-1669734965259.png

But the most recent update turned it into this:

DouweMeer_1-1669734932053.png

An extra space on every line of code per layer. For me it feels like someone took a baseball bat to my administration under the guise he believes it looks better that way. I want to tear that bat from his hands and beat him up with it.

I put a lot of effort in making my code as efficient and readable as possible, and now it lies in tatters. 

What is the best approach to raise my complaint? 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DouweMeer , I do not see a change. If you are entering when the last line does not have a tab, it goes to the start position. But if the last has a tab (for indentation) then it keeps that in the next like

Yea, that. Or at least, my muscle memory does it and whether it was Shift or Alt plus ENTER, I can't recall :), but they behave the same now. 

How do you disable that? It wasn't there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.