Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the values shown on charts basing on an external filter

Hello to everyone,

i have three tables each containing datas losses on a production line based on different time frame: There are losses based on the "hour" time frame, losses based on "shift" time frame, losses based on "daily" time frame.

In the picture below is showed the chart containing data that refer to "hour" time frame. 

Ludovico_0-1669390360997.png

As showed in the next picture in the same table there are datas that refer to "shift" and "daily" time frame:

Ludovico_1-1669390537209.png

In the other sheets there are similar datas: in the chart are showed losses that refer to hour time frame. In the same table there are losses that refer to "daily" time frame and "shift" time frame.

Ludovico_2-1669390677789.png

i need to change alla the graphs and charts contained in the project just selecting a filter ( that i need to create) that contain three choises: "daily frame"-"hour frame" - "shift frame".

for example. If i select the filter "daily analysis", on both graph shown before i want to see data that change automatically from the actual selected ( with the "hour time frame") to the one that refer to a daily time frame.

( giorno= day; ora= hour; turno=shift).

I hope someone could help me.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://we.tl/t-ci8HhZuQn3 

I have uploaded the sanitized project.

On the first page there is an example of the filter that i would like to have:

Ludovico_0-1669732393726.png

Just pretend that now is selected the "analysis per hour" filter: on the page "analysis.1", "analysis.2" and "analysis.3" in the charts are visualized the "losses per hour":

Ludovico_1-1669732515266.png

Ludovico_2-1669732554338.png

If i select in the first page the filter "analysis per shift" i wuold like to see automatically change the values showed in the charts from "losses per hour" to losses per shift" as showed here:

Ludovico_3-1669732734761.png

Ludovico_4-1669732799438.png

i hope to have been more clear.

Thanks in advance

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can combine the daily and hourly views into a hierarchy (assuming your calendar table goes down to hour level). But the shifts have to be separate as they  likely do not line up with either days or hours.

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.